Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wowza for Weekends!

Whats this? A actual photograph of knitting? I know, its shocking. The last thing you expect to find here on Skeingenius. Sometimes I have to throw in a wild card to keep you on your toes :)

Whats shakin' on this fine Sunday afternoon? I have to say that I've been a bit lazy today so far, a perfect end to an altogether fantastic weekend. Friday night was a night spent knitting with Furgenius plopped firmly in the lap, disk 3 of True Blood on DVD, and Boygenius off shooting xbox zombies at a friend's house. A great way to unwind from the stresses of the week for both of us in our own way.

Saturday morning I met my mother in law and sister in law for some fine morning coffee and some "farmers marketing". I love those ladies and talking and spending time with them is a great treat. My mother in law is an amazing knitter, and we have a great time "talking shop".

On my way home I got a wonderful surprise. My best friend, who lives an hour and a half away, called and said "whatcha doing? I wanna come down to see ya!" so I squealed with unrestrained joy, skipped the rest of the way home, and then proceeded to speed clean my sad and sorry apartment so it would be fit for company. Then I sat down with my knitting yet again, waiting for my girl to arrive. By that point the Hemlock Ring had grown to look like this:This blanket is growing pretty quickly, and I think I'm going to love the heck out of the finished object. Furgenius already loves it, most of the time if I set it down for more than a minute she climbs on top of it and makes herself at home.

Once Jaq arrived, we ran amok, went to bookstores, ate Indian food, and generally had a great time. Once we made it back to the apartment, a neighbor knocked on the door to ask for help since another neighbor's indoor cat had jumped out of a screen less 1st floor window. He was running loose and scared outside and generally wigging out. Boygenius and I had cat-sat for him in the past, so he knew us, and I grabbed him up and we got him back inside, but not without a little bloodshed.As you can see, he took a few little pieces out of the inside of my forearm (the weird shinyness is from the liquid bandage stuff that I used tospackle myself back together). Can't say I blame the kid for scratching me up, he was pretty frightened by the whole thing and all he wanted was to get back home. He's a good ole boy.

So here it is, Sunday afternoon. All I have left to accomplish is to figure out whats for dinner and to knit until my hands fall off. Possibly change out of my pajamas for a while before changing back into them. Perfection.

No comments: