Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Speaking of Dancing Backwards in Heels...

Alright, so I'm only speaking of heels...I got swept away by a serious bout of shoe lust. Me, girl who only owned one single pair of heels, which I wore to my wedding. I happened to be terribly bored, and window shopping on overstock, when I came across my dream shoes. Oxford Pumps. rich brown leather Frye Oxford pumps. I drooled. I hemmed and hawed. I obsessively stalked stock levels until my size was nearly gone. Then, since I managed to find myself with a little extra birthday scratch I ordered the bad boys.

One week of staring out the window for the UPS Man later, they arrived at my door. This afternoon, with fingers crossed, I took them out of the box and prayed that they would fit since I had never tried them on. I put em on, angels began singing a miraculous chorus.

Of course, I had to photograph them with some wool to give the non-shoe lovers something fun to look at too. The colors are a bit shot, mostly due to the fact that I spent so much of the afternoon walking around admiring them that I lost the daylight. I'm thinking I'm going to have to sew myself a nice bright green skirt to wear with these, along with my nearly finished minimalist cardigan.Oh, and speaking of ye old minimalist cardigan, here are those progress shots I promised ya..with a little help from Fur Genius. She missed you guys :)Here is what the sweater looked like for the 2 seconds that it was on the carpet before Furgenius realized it was there. I didn't even have time to straighten out the lapels. Its still unblocked and rolling under.As you can see, it takes Furgenius mere moments to infiltrate the knitting and make it her own. She is surveying the perimeter for would be wool thieves. Very reassuring. All that security work is tiring. Furgenius is all tucked in under the first sleeve for a nap.
I'm hoping that she will let me have it back sometime soon...I've got about 7 more inches left to knit on this one.

I'd best get going. Got big plans...I need to do some cleaning and ooogle my shoes for a while longer before I go to sleep for the night. These suckers are going to inspire a million sewing projects, I can feel it!

SG.

No comments: