Monday, June 29, 2009

Run Away!

I've been a really bad blogger as of late. Well, its been more like I've been a nonexistent blogger as of late. You see, I have this tendency to withdraw whenever things take a turn for the not-so good...it lets me re-group and hopefully come out stronger. Since we are all friends here, I'll let you in on the details.

Ever since I was 16 years old, I have had some crazy migraine headaches. They seriously mess with my vision, balance, sense of smell, and pretty much any other thing that they could possibly mess with, and since then I have experienced a phenomenon known as visual snow (which means that the view that I have of the world always looks like a staticky television. Not fun, but you get used to it).

Over the last few months, these headaches have changed. My symptoms have gotten pretty crazy, and they are happening more often than not. I can't remember the last time I didn't have the headache. So, I did what most would people do. I went to the doctor. She became convinced that I have Multiple Sclerosis, summarily freaked me out, and sent me off to the eye doctor to see what was going on in my eyeballs.

It took a loooong time for me to get into the eye doctor, several weeks in fact, and during that time, I was getting more and more anxious regarding the possible outcome. Well, once I went to that appointment, the eye doc ruled out MS (YAY!!!!) but couldn't really do much more than that. So, I'm going to be looking at another round of tests to make sure that I'm still just having sucky migraines and not dealing with something scarier. I truly think that my migraine pattern has just changed, and that my symptoms could just be twisted in with some inner ear thing that's making me dizzier than normal and that everything will be OK in the long run, but the whole thing has been a bit more debilitating that I like to admit, and I was getting pretty depressed about the whole thing. I've been working through it, and definitely knitting through it!

Good news is that I'm perking back up and trying to keep it on the sunny side, ya know? So, here's to all things good and woolly. Next post will be back to good ole fashioned knitting content-with a little bit of sewing thrown in there (I've been cheating on my knitting a bit with my sewing machine. Shhh! Don't tell!) Thanks for hanging in there with me folks!

SG

No comments: